Thursday, July 21, 2011

Zelda 30 Day Challenge: Day 7

I am so far behind on this and it's not because I don't want to write this blog, it's just that real life obligations seem to get in the way of things that we enjoy to do. I am going to try and make a more conscious effort to write this little thing up and post it every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I'm not getting full of myself thinking that I actually have a dedicated following, I just feel like this blog is something that will help keep me sane through the daily doldrums and annoyances of life's obligations. Well that's enough of that, on to the Zelda questions....


Your Favorite Link
I think that anybody who has read previous postings knows that Adult Link is my favorite Link. I have had the biggest crush on him ever since Ocarina of Time and to this day, he makes my heart skip a beat


What Legend of Zelda items do you own in real life?
I own two items from the Legend of Zelda, the Master Sword and Link's hat. I actually wear my Link hat when I play Zelda games to help immerse me into the land of Hyrule and I sometimes walk around the house with my Master Sword strapped to my back. Funny story about the Master Sword, it's so big that I can't take in out of the sheath when it's on my back. I also own all the official Nintendo games, including a factory sealed NES Legend of Zelda and I own 5 Zelda shirts. Anything Zelda related, I pretty much have to own it.


The easiest boss you've battled

There are too many easy bosses to choose, pretty much all of the first level bosses are easy. There two bosses that do come to mind though:
Aquamentus
Aquamentus is the first boss you face in Oracle of Seasons and really there is no trick to beating him like other Zelda bosses, just slash the hell out of his head and he's dead pretty quickly.



Giant ChuChu
The giant ChuChu is the first boss in Minish Cap and while this boss battle made me giggle because I was battling a "giant" ChuChu, the boss was pretty easy, but the first boss is always easy that way you can become accustomed to the controls of the game.





The hardest boss you have ever battled

There is only one boss that truly comes to mind when I think of hard Zelda boss battles and that boss is the Thunderbird from Adventure of Link! I have never been so angry while playing a Zelda game in all of my life as I was playing Adventure of Link! It is a freaking HARD game and the Thunderbird was the cherry on top of the rage fest sundae that was the second Zelda for me. Let me explain why this boss was so damn hard, first, you have to cast the spell Thunder to make it to where you can even damage the Thunderbird and in casting Thunder you use more than half of your magic, HALF OF YOUR DAMN MAGIC! After casting Thunder, you are left with two choices. Option A: cast jump so you can jump high enough to stab the Thunderbird's head(it's only weak point, by the way) and cast Reflect to help reduce the damage you take from the Thunderbird's fireballs, that are falling from every direction. Option B: save your magic and use the spell Life to refill your depleted life supply, the only problem with saving your magic for using the Life spell is that now you can't jump high enough to attack the head of the Thunderbird and you then have to wait for him to get low enough to attack. This boss made me so angry that I actually threatened my TV and scared my husband and dog while I was playing. Oh but what a glorious day it was when I finally defeated that bastard bird! All in all, it's the hardest boss I have battled in any Zelda game and I have played them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment